Library instruction and assignments will focus on the following IL Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to identify authoritative information sources based on information need
- Students will be able to formulate questions for research of an appropriate scope, based on information gaps or by reexamining existing information
- Students will be able to select a source that best meets an information need based on the audience, context, and purpose of various formats
- Students will be able to give credit to the original ideas of others through attribution and/or formal conventions
IL Learning Objectives to Address this Outcome:
WRIT 101 students who complete the homework and in-class session for Essay #1 will be able to:
- Understand the dynamic nature of the research process.
- Understand the process of background reading.
- Identify keywords appropriate to one’s research topic.
- Develop a basic search strategy for locating information.